top of page


We are able to ship within 100 miles of our farm. For deliveries outside this range, we recommend you work with a shipping company, or we can provide you a quote from a few we work with. 

Our shipping rates are designed to be fair and straightforward, reflecting our commitment to providing exceptional value:

  • Base Rate: $3.50 per mile, this covers the cost of gas, wear and tear and time away from the farm.

  • Handling Fees: For small bales, a nominal fee of $0.50 per bale is applied for loading, and an additional $0.50 for unloading. This covers the careful handling of your order, ensuring it reaches you in pristine condition.

  • For Customers Outside our Range: We recommend working with a third party shipper to deliver your hay. You can also contact us and we can arrange quotes for this.  ​​

We will try and deliver when most convenient, however we reserve the right to choose the date as we cannot always leave the animals behind. If timing is important, we recommend working with a shipper or picking up yourself.  


Round Bales

Round bales are popular in this state as our climate makes it challenging to get large numbers of small bales up before the rain, and so many farmers and customers prefer round bales because of their natural ability to shed water. 

Round bales!

Please note this information is for our dry hay <18% moisture. A haylage FAQ is coming soon.

I see mold! The hay seems darker than it should be! Is my bale ruined?

No need to panic. Our rounds are packed very tightly together, making the outside portion of the bale, act like a roof. This layer sheds water and protects the hay on the inside. This is referred to as the "rind" and can include the first 6 inch layer on the outside of a bale. If the rind is moldy, it is not feedable, and should be disposed of. If mixed with the good hay, the mold can spread once the bale is opened. The rind will also include a "field spot" where the bale sat on, this spot is where all the moisture eventually ended up, and is the worst spot of the bale.

How do I store my round?

The good news, is your rounds can be stored outside. They are double protected with the rind, and the plastic we wrap them in. However, once you open them up they must be stored in a dry environment. As soon as a bale is cut into, it must be stored outside of the rain. Please note our guarantee does not cover improper storing.

How do I feed my round?

Totally depends on your livestock situation. We always recommend consulting with a vet, but you can call us and we are happy to give our input. 

How big are your rounds?

What's with the plastic?

They are 4x5 feet, and weigh approximately 800 pounds. 

Our bales are "in-line wrapped" what we call a tubeline. This prevents oxygen from entering the haybale, and keeps it fresh for quite a while depending on how many wraps. We personally wrap it 6-7 times which keeps it for a year. Once delivered the flat sides will be exposed, but being dry hay they should keep for a good while. 

What's in your hay?

Mostly timothy and brome, which should make up about 80% of the bale. The other 20% can contain clover, fescue, and native grasses. If you get a bale that doesn't reflect this - send us a picture and it may be covered for a new bale. 

our brands guarantee 

We put our brand on every bale, because we back our product 100%.

While we work hard to ensure our hay is top quality, farming over 1500 acres can be challenging. Accidents happen, and nature doesn't always cooperate but that doesn't mean you should pay for that! If one of our bales ends up being unusable due to moisture, mold, or weeds we will compensate you a new bale. Please read the above information for what to expect.

bottom of page